Monday, November 14, 2011

Kids Say...

Over the weekend I let the little girls watch Tangled.  It's a version of the story of Rapunzel -- the girl with the long hair trapped in the tower.  Afterward, Gwen kept talking about blue jeans.  "You be blue jeans, I'll be purple."  I could not figure out what she was talking about.  After a long go-round of questions and explanations, she emphatically told me, "You be Blue Jeans....you know the boy who is Purple's friend".  The main character other than Rapunzel is a young man named Eugene.  Gwen had decided his name was Blue Jeans, and she had also decided that Rapunzel's name was Purple.  Hilarious.  She and Charlotte are really into pretend...."you be the mom and I'll be the baby".... "You be the dog and I'll be the girl"....."You be the horse and I'll be the rider"....and on an on.

Then today, Gwen was going potty before her nap.  I realized she had wet herself.  "Gwen, did you potty in your pants?" I asked her.

"No, Charlotte did."

"Charlotte peed in your pants?"

"Yes.  She did.  She did it."

Now that's an interesting explanation.  Never heard of someone peeing in another person's pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment