Saturday, May 7, 2011

Phonetic Spelling At It's Best

COWQUELATER ---  that small thing with number buttons that you push when you have to add up big numbers.  This was Joel's attempt at spelling "calculator".  One of the best phonetic spellings I have ever seen.


This morning while I was in the shower, Gwen and Charlotte were playing in my room and pretending to go on "dates".  They would come in and tell me they had gone to a restaurant or the park, etc. and tell me all about their adventure.  During this, Charlotte came in and said, "We went to have noodles and then we had bubble stidey."  I did not know what she was talking about and asked her if it was a dessert.  "No.  Bubble Stidey.  You, know.  At M-mas (what she calls her grandma)."

I was still not clear.  "Like when you blow bubbles with M-ma??"

"No.  Bubble... Stidey. (Said very s-l-o-w-l-y and with much emphasis)  When M-ma has her friends over in the morning and they talk."

Ahhhh....got it!!  (Bible Study)

No comments:

Post a Comment