Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cosmetics

What is it with little girls loving to put in make-up and such?  On Friday, Charlotte came running downstairs yelling, "Mom!  Gwennie has your special white stuff all over."  It sounded dangerous and I didn't even know what she was talking about.  I ran upstairs and found Gwen with my Mary Kay facial lotion with SPF 15 lathered all over her right leg.  It was thick enough I could have mistaken it for shaving cream.  (Note to my Mary Kay lady.....I need more lotion and cleanser ASAP!)

Yesterday I took the two little girls to Target so Charlotte could pick out something using a $15 gift card she got for her birthday.  We stopped in the shoe section 1st.  She was debating a cute pair of pink sandals. While we were weighing the pros and cons, Gwen took off her own shoes and found a pair of cute, pink, sparkly Hello Kitty shoes -- and they were just her size - all without my help.  Charlotte decided against the sandals, but I could not get Gwen to take off the sparkly shoes.  She wore them around Target with the little stretchy chord between them, making her take little shuffle steps.  When we got back to the toy area, Charlotte quickly found a pretend hair styling kit (hair dryer with batteries that make it really blow, a curling iron, straightening iron, brush, pretend lipstick, etc.).   She was SOLD.  Thinking that Gwen would be sad because Charlotte had a whole new bag of goodies, I bought her a tube of Lip Smacker chapstick.....THE ENTIRE TUBE OF LIP SMACKER WAS GONE - TOTALLY GONE - BEFORE WE GOT HOME. It was in her hair, around her eyes, on her chin.  There were chunks of it on the floor and in her car seat.  She had been digging pieces of it out with her little finger.  Stinker.  So much for trying to be nice Mommy.

While the girls got the hair stuff out and started playing, I made mac n cheese for lunch.  When I served them, I told them that the macaroni was a little warm and to eat their strawberries first.  Then I heard the mini blow dryer going.  Charlotte was cooling off their mac n cheese with her it!  Genius.

As I was starting to type this out, Charlotte came running up to my chair, grabbed it and swung herself around.  The chair back split in two.  She stood totally still, not even blinking, knowing she was about to get it.  I turned around and said, "How many times have I told you not to yank on the chair??"

"About a hundred," she replied.  Ohhh.  It's so hard to keep a straight face when they answer you so seriously.

Tomorrow at our pool is the annual Fourth of July party.  They have all sorts of games throughout the day.  My older kids have been counting the days.  Gretta is anxious for the Starburst toss (thousands of candies thrown in the water followed by a free-for-all) while Joel and Ben have literally been practicing for days for the Big Splash Contest.  The winner gets $5 to spend at the concession stand - which is equal to 5 candy bars!  It will be a nail-biter, I'm sure!

Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment