Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Six Dozen Eggs

Today I boiled 6 dozen eggs for my kids to dye.  I know, maybe that seems like overkill, but they really like to dye them.  And what fun is it to get all that stuff out and only be able to dye one or two?  I've decided just to view it as a craft.  The eggs cost me about $1.25/dozen....they each get their own dozen to dye however they want.  Will we eat them all?  Pretty close.  Most will just get eaten whole and I will use some in a casserole the kids like that has wide egg noodles, thick chunks of ham, slices of hard-boiled eggs and a creamy white sauce.  It's a tradition!  Beware that if you stop by in the next few days we will offer you a hard boiled egg!!

I had some interesting questions here today.
#1 - "What is a pervert?"  Oh, my.  I asked where in the world they had heard that word.  "At Grandma's.  We watched a movie called The Sandlot and they call one of the boys a pervert."  My definition was a boy who is always trying to see girls' private parts -- like peeking in their room when they are getting dressed or oogling them in a bathing suit.  "Oh, YUCK!"  was the reply.  Although, after the birth of my second child our family doctor was in the room checking out the baby.  I had realized post-partum - since I could actually see my toes -  that I developed toenail fungus.  I asked him about it while he was there.  Being the jokester that he was, he replied, "I hope you know that only perverts get toenail fungus."

#2 - "How does a grandma get pregnant with her own grandson?"  Thanks, Oprah.   It really was an interesting show.  A woman and her husband could not conceive and the grandmother-to-be offered to be the surrogate.  But it was a little difficult to explain.  Hmm.

We just came up out of the basement from a tornado warning.  Had to drag all 6 kids down to the basement  about 9:45 PM.  They were down there for about an hour.  Of course the three oldest fell asleep, but the youngest ones were wide-eyed.  Ahhhh - they are finally back in their own beds and our house is no worse for the wear, thank goodness!   Off to bed myself now.

No comments:

Post a Comment