Thursday, April 28, 2011

Where's My Towel??

I got out of the shower yesterday morning and the towel that I had set on the toilet to use was gone.  I looked around, but then had to get a new one out of the cabinet.  Still unsure of where the towel was, I walked into my bedroom.  My bedroom door was open, so I walked over to shut it.  It was there that I discovered Charlotte on the floor in the hallway with my towel spread underneath her.  She was painting her toenails bright pink "all by herself".  The polish was ALL over her toes.  And the towel.  I was not very happy....but at least it was on the towel and not my carpet!

Gwen has taken to telling me to "hode on"  (hold on) when I ask her to do something.  Very cute, but totally not appropriate.  It's made me realize how much I use that phrase.  Like ALL the time.  "Can you get me a drink, please, Mommy?"  and I reply, "Hold on.  I'll be right there."  She also told me earlier this week when I asked her if she needed to potty, "No yike it potty."  (pretty easy interpretation, but if you are not used to 2 year old speak, that means, "I don't want to go potty, but thanks for asking.")

Today at Costco I let the kids get a treat at the snack bar.  My rule is if you get an ice cream, I get one bite! I got a Diet Coke.  One child I will not name, but is old enough to not have to ask this question, said, "Why do you get Diet Coke?  Does it have less calories or something?"  ------  Uh, yeah.  DIET coke.

It's going to be a good night.  Last night of The Office with Steve Carell.  He's my favorite!  And then tomorrow I'll be up bright and early for the royal wedding.  Yep.  Getting up at 5!  Gretta wants to get up with me, too.  A little girl party!

Better go get dinner started.  Kids are starting to drool and growl.

No comments:

Post a Comment