Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Movies & Ben

I have a couple of movie recommendations.  That's always a little tricky.  Sort of embarrassing if you watch it and hate it and wonder what in the world I was thinking!  The 1st one is Fireproof.  It's an old movie and sort of cheesy, but touching and real all at the same time.  Matt and I were inspired to get the book, The Love Dare, after watching the movie.  I think it will be a wonderful exercise in really practicing love. 

The 2nd movie is fairly new to video.  It's called Get Low.  It stars Robert Duvall as a hermit set in the 1930's.  It's based on a true story of a man who plans a funeral party for himself while he's still alive all because he wants to tell the story of why he's lived his life the way he has. 

And....Mr. Ben.  He's set to turn 8 on Sunday.  If you passed him on the street you would probably guess he was at least 10, maybe 12 by the way he's built.  His face is still baby enough to pass for 8, though!  He's been all into planning out his b-day this year.  He's had a running list since before Christmas.  He adds things daily, too.  The latest being a hamster and a cross bow.  Sure.  He also wants to have a huge party and take everyone to Laser Flash.  Problem is Laser Flash costs at least $15/kid and he's only got about $50 to spend for his party.  I keep offering other options and he's not buying.  The poor guy is also getting irritated because Joel has a basketball tournament this weekend and next and they can't give us the schedule for those games until the day prior to the tournament.  That means I can't really plan a party until we know Joel's schedule, which means I think we should wait until after the tournaments.  But then it's spring break and that means a party mid-April, which to an 8 year old might as well be next year.  So he really feels as if he's getting the shaft.  What's a mom to do??  I want the kid to feel special, I just have other things I have to work around!  I will let you know the outcome once I finally figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment