Sunday, March 13, 2011

Three Wet Beds in Two Days

Yep....three peed beds.  Two of them on beds without mattress protectors.  As if we need more laundry around here! 

Also last week, Charlotte put red marker all over her lips.  When I asked her about it, she said, "It's not marker, it's blood.  My lips is bleeding."

"Well, it clearly looks like marker to me.  Don't lie to Mommy, Charlotte."

"I'm not lying.  It's blood from my teeth."

I asked her to go sit on her bed because she was lying.  When I went up there 20 min later to put her PJ's on, I asked her, "Why did you lie to Mommy?"

"I didn't lie.  It's blood."

"Charlotte, Mommy can tell that the red stuff on your mouth is marker.  I will not be reading books to you tonight because you lied."

"OK.  It is marker.  Now can I have books?!"  (Do they really think we are that dumb??)

On Thursday, I had to take Gretta to the doctor for her physical so she can run track.  (for those of you that know her, yes, you read that right....Gretta running track!  we'll let you know how it goes!)  Anyway, I had to wake Gwen up early so we could get to the doctor.  She was all sleepy eyed even as we pulled into the parking lot.  But, as always, the highlight of a trip to the doctor is a sticker.  She very excitedly picked it out....and placed it directly on her stomach skin.   Ooooo no.  That's not going to be good, I thought to myself.  Sure enough, when I tried to remove it her stomach skin (sweet, smooth, pink skin) pulled waaaaay out.  She had a red mark on her tummy for 24 hours where that thing had been.  Most upsetting though was that the sticker was no longer sticky and would not stick on her shirt.  What a way to start your day, huh?

Then yesterday, Charlotte sat down and said to Gwen, "Take off my shoes."  And then "Gwen, hang up my coat."  Of course Gwen just does whatever Charlotte asks. 

Gretta said, "Charlotte, Gwen is not your servant."

"Yes she is."

"No, she's not."

"Then who is???"  Good question!

Well, it's rolled around to Ben's birthday today and we finally had birthday plans figured out.  We were going to celebrate with grandparents today and do a birthday overnight next weekend.  Then one set of grandparents missed their flight and the other set has a grandma with a broken rib.  So he opened his gifts from us and we went out for ice cream after lunch.  He doesn't seem too bothered.  He and Kyle are outside right now with this giant ball that you actually get inside.  They seem to be having fun.  Anyone want to take bets on how long before that ball pops??  We also got him this really cool catapult that you build.  It's from this company that makes working models of all sorts of wooden "machines", like siege engines.  The website is www.pathfindersdesign.com  They are out of Victoria, BC.  Neat stuff, especially if you have boys that like to build things.

Enjoy your Sunday!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment