Friday, February 25, 2011

L-O-S-E-R

If any of you were thinking that you were in the running for Mom of the Year, I just wanted you to know that the award has been presented and I am the official winner.  Best you can do is 2nd place at this point!  Last night I dropped Joel (10 years old) off at basketball practice at a local elementary school at 5:20 for 5:30 practice.  Matt left to pick him at 7:00, but returned without Joel.  "Where's Joel?" I asked.

"Funny thing, " Matt replied.  "Practice didn't start until 6:45 and is over at 8:15."  So, Joel had been alone at the school - no other person in the building, no phone to call us - for an hour and a half.  ALONE.  I am sure he was freaked out.  Of course, he acted like he was fine.  But I know him and know he was terrified.  Not to mention that I hadn't fed him dinner because he would be home by 7:15.  This is the boy that gets REALLY grouchy if he isn't fed regularly.  His metabolism is super fast.

In all seriousness, as I drove away from the school after dropping him off, I thought, Isn't it interesting how much more comfortable I am dropping him off than I would have been with my 1st child?  I would always have walked Kyle into the building.   Guess I need to revert back to my old ways, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment