Tuesday, February 8, 2011

TMI???

Here is when you know you are really a mommy (as if giving birth six times were not enough):  I was going to the bathroom and Gwen and Charlotte had to be "wif you".  So there we all are...me on the toilet, Gwen and Charlotte "washing" their hands when Gwen bit Charlotte.  So now, Charlotte's sobbing and I had to smack Gwen's hand to discipline her which of course made her cry too.  They are both laying their heads, one on each thigh, crying....and all I wanted to do was go to the bathroom.


And some other thoughts:
If you don't already do this, I highly recommend picking one day per week to be "grocery day".  Keep a running list of things you need and the day before you go plan out all your meals for the upcoming week plus whatever else you will need.  Be sure to ask your husband if he's out of anything or wants anything in particular from the store.  Never fails that if you don't ask, he's using your deodorant the very next day!  And you'd be surprised the things he might ask you to pick up....like ice cream cones!??!  That made me smile.  Never knew Matt liked ice cream cones so much.  Also ask the kids if they are out of anything like toothpaste, etc.  Planning my meals is a tad time consuming, but it is so rewarding when I have everything I need each night.  Plus, I rarely have to make a quick trip to pick up a few things.  I really LOVE Amy Knapp's Family Organizer.  Not only is it a calendar, but has a "to do list", grocery list and menu planning.  As soon as I use up the last of something, I mark it down in my planner.  Can't say enough about this planner....I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.  There are a few different versions - "Christian" and "Homeschool" - but I prefer the original.  It starts in July of one year and runs for 18 months.  For instance the one I am using now is July 2010 - Dec 2011.  That way you can have a fresh calendar at the beginning of the school year.   After all, what's better than new school supplies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment