Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Last Few Days

Friday was interesting.  It snowed overnight last week Thursday - Friday.  A 2 hour delay for the oldest two turned into a full day off for the snow.  Funny thing was the roads were totally clear by 10:30.  It warmed up and was a beautiful day with 5 inches of snow on the ground.  Gwen had woken up at 6 AM by coughing and throwing up in her bed.  I reassured myself that the vomit was cough induced.  After all, I have one with an easy gagger.  If she laughs too much, coughs too hard, cries for too long, etc. she will throw up.  Anyway, she went back to bed and I had to wake her up at 9:30.  I had to get her up because I was taking her to JC Penney to get her 2 year pictures taken.  But then she threw up in the kitchen.  I still attributed it to coughing and we got shoes on and headed out.  Then she threw up in the car in the parking lot at Penney's.  OK.  No pictures, but maybe I could run in next door at Costco and get the 5 things on my list.  No sooner had I pulled into my parking space when she really let fly.  Vomit everywhere.  Charlotte, who was sitting next to her, covered her eyes and kept saying over and over, "I'm not gonna look.  I'm not gonna look."  Now Costco was out.  Definitely couldn't blame it on coughing at this stage.  She had a stomach bug.  Back home with absolutely nothing accomplished except a 2 year old covering herself and her car seat in puke.  I just made more work for myself as the stinkin' car seat had to come out and get all taken apart and laundered.  BUT, my saving grace was that at 2:00 I was picked up by a girlfriend and whisked away to our church's women's retreat.  We even had time to stop at the outlet mall on the way down.  And can I just tell you that I bought the most awesome skillet.  I have been needing a new one and I walked into this kitchen store and there it was....a 15 inch skillet with stainless interior, copper middle and aluminum exterior.  It's made by All Clad, and it was on sale, too.  Exactly what I had been looking for.  I couldn't wait to get home today and try it out!  (and I did....sausage gravy with biscuits and eggs for dinner).  After our retail therapy we drove to a state park inn for the retreat with 250 other women.  I got home this afternoon after 48 hours away.  It was lovely.  Especially because when I got home, everyone was healthy and had made a full recovery.  I can't wait to share with you all about the lessons I learned at the retreat...but that will have to wait for another day for I am worn out and headed to bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment